Mount Dora Center for the Arts has a wonderful opportunity for those interested in contributing to one of the leading Art Centers in the nation. Join us and get involved with classes or exhibits.
Job Description: Answer phones, give out information and directions to the festival.
Tools Needed: Cheerful, positive, helpful attitude and big smile.
Summer Arts Camp:
Volunteer Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting in the implementation of the daily program under the direction of the instructors.
- Assisting preparing the learning environment, setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Supervising the classroom when the instructor is out of the room and during lunch-time
- Helping with general housekeeping and kitchen tasks, such as getting snacks for children and helping them clean up after themselves (whether that includes sweeping mopping or taking out garbage).
- Assisting the instructor in any other appropriate ways.
- Maintaining professional attitudes and loyalty towards the center for help promote summer camp in the community.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, go above and beyond that to create confidence and encourage creativity.
- Maintaining confidentiality about children, their families, and other volunteers outside the school.
- Supervising outside playground activities.
- Helping with the operations of audio/visual aids (projectors, etc.), if needed
- Follow directions given by instructors.
Additional Volunteer Guidelines
- Your main concern while engaged in camp activities should be the safety of all children.
- Be on time and responsible of your volunteer schedule.
- Serve as a good role model and example to campers in personal language, appearance, manners and healthy habits.
- No radios, mp3s or I-pods during camp hours.
- Use of cell phones (including texting) is permitted during breaks only.
- Do not give medication to any of the children.
- Do not discuss individual campers with other campers. Concerns with any campers are to be discussed with the instructor or one of the centers executive team members.
- You may not be left alone to supervise or discipline a camper. These are the responsibilities for the instructors and the center.
- Camp is for the campers, so please put them first in your time and attention.
Call (352) 383-0880 or visit the Art Center for details!