“Art in the Park”

Mount Dora Center for the Arts Believes … Every Child Needs a Champion!

To further this cause, Mount Dora Center for the Arts introduced a new program to the Mount Dora community in October 2015 called, Art Creates Change – “Art in the Park.” “Art in the Park,” is an outreach program that will take place in Cauley Lott Park (1717 N Highland St, Mt Dora, FL 32757).

The art events will take place from 10 am to 12 pm every Saturday. Starting March 4th through April 2017.

Upcoming Dates:
March:   Saturday 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th
April:      Saturday 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th

The program is intended to give children knowledge of art concepts through art the activities selected each week. The weekly classes will present a variety of artistic projects in a fun way that will help children increase their confidence; improve their communication and problem solving skills. The objective of the program is to create meaningful change in the lives of children through an art program taking place in their neighborhood.

The Art Center has the help of some great partners that will make the art events even better. The City of Mount Dora is providing public space at Cauley Lott Park giving easy access to families that want to participate.
“Art in the Park” Kids Outreach Program Overview 

Our past 2015-2016 outreach was a success, serving over 140 children!

  • 48% of the children, returned more than once!
  • 48%  were African-American, 20% Caucasian, 18% Hispanic, and 4% other ethnicity backgrounds 
  • 55% children were female, while the other 45% children were male
  • 42% were between 7-10 yrs old, 40% were between 2-6 yrs old, and 12% were between 11-18 yr olds 

Volunteers are needed to help with the activities.  If you would like to have an impact on the lives of children please join us. Call 352-383-0880 or e-mail beth@mountdoracenterforthearts.org for more information.
Thank You Sponsors!
United Arts