National Juried Still Life Exhibition
Mount Dora Center for the Arts, 138 E. 5th Ave, Mount Dora, FL 32757
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Stacy Barter, has had her work exhibited in many prestigious shows including Oil Painters of America National and Eastern Regional exhibitions. She has won recognition at numerous festivals and competitions such as Salon International and National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society.
In college Stacy studied art history and took drawing and watercolor classes. She attended Parsons School of Design in NYC and was graduated from the University of Central Florida. Since then oil painting has become her consuming passion. Stacy is a senior faculty member at Crealde School of Art in Orlando Florida. She also teaches workshops to pass on her passion for painting.
Exhibit Dates: May 8 to June 18, 2015
Opening Reception: May 8, 2015 6-8pm
- Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2015
- Artist notification via email: March 31, 2015
- Deadline for receiving accepted work: May 4, 2015
- Works may be shipped or delivered in person.
- All accepted works must be ready to hang or be displayed.
- Unsold works must be picked up by June 19, 2015 between 9am to 5pm. The gallery will ship only if prepaid postage and packing is provided by artist.
Open to all artists in all mediums. Two and three dimensional works will be accepted, as well as mixed media. There are no size restrictions for 2-D or 3-D work. Artists are invited and encouraged to depict inanimate objects for the qualities of form, color, texture, composition and the theme Shape and Shadow. Explore any interpretations that apply.
To promote the Shape and Shadow exhibit Mount Dora Center for the Arts will feature ads in Professional Artist Magazine, local publications, social media sites, e-blasts, distribute press releases to encourage articles, reviews and regional exposure. All works in the exhibition must be for sale with an artist-gallery split of 65%-35% of the purchase price.
One artist, whose work is selected as Best in Show in the Shape and Shadow exhibit, will receive an award of $500.
One runner up will receive an honorable mention and $200.
Mount Dora Center for the Arts
“The Mount Dora Center for the Arts is a non-profit collaborative leader, which plays an integral role in the community, by demonstrating the passion and commitment to the development of the arts through progressive and diverse educational programs, dynamic exhibits and an arts festival which is the foundation of artistic expression within the community.”
Artists may enter up to 3 works
Submission entries will be accepted now through February 28, 2015
Submission fee of $25 paid through PayPal at ww.mountdoracenterforthearts.org
Submit the following in one email with the subject “Shape and Shadow”
- Current contact information
- Image list of works submitted
- Brief statement about the work in relationship to the title of the show (150 word max)
- Artists Bio (150 word max)
- Up to 3 JPEGs of 3 existing works
- Artists must send JPEGs formatted as follows:
- 300dpi image resolution
- Maximum file size per image – 1MB
- Title each image as follows: image#_lastname_title_HxWxD.jpeg
Copy and paste the information below, include in the body of the email as well as an attachment accompanied by up to 3 JPEGs. Email this in one email to Nancy@MountDoraCenterfortheArts.org.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.